11/20/11

Meet Leah Harrigan: Times2 Academy

About Me:
Name: Leah Harrigan
Hometown: Taunton, MA
College attended: Providence College
Major: Psychology
Siblings: Two sisters
Pets: An adorable toy poodle named Ringo
Favorite Color: Green
Hobbies: Playing basketball, piano, writing
Favorite Subject in School: English

Service Year:
Grade and School that you serve at: 6th grade at Times2 Academy
Why did you choose to serve a year with AmeriCorps:
I wanted to do a year of service after graduating college, and I have always loved working with kids. Charter Corps seemed like the place to do meaningful work and get more experience working with students.

What has been your favorite part about working at Times2 Academy:
The kids of course! Whether it be during class, after school, or just around the building, I get to spend my day with hundreds of awesome young people.

What do you hope to gain from your year of service:
Besides forming relationships with students and gaining experience running my own programs, I really want to get a better idea of where to go from here, especially in the realm of grad school. I’m hoping that working with my students will steer me in a more specific direction when it comes to my future job. In addition to my own goals, I want the students that I work with to gain something from me as well – I hope to be a good teacher and mentor to them throughout our year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment