10/19/12

A Shining Moment


Often times I hear students say, "Miss, I'm not good at math!" My reply is usually, "I doubt it. Let's practice!" This is usually followed by a grunt from the student. But I have noticed that many students who believe they are incapable of completing math problems correctly, usually need a little extra practice to build their confidence. So, I downloaded several applications onto my iPad and proceeded in allowing the students to solve over one hundred math equations through an interactive game called "King of Math." During the game, the student had no idea how many equations had been solved. At the end of Homework Club, there was this great shining moment where the student realized, "I am good at math! I can do this!" This is truly a shining moment.

Angelica Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment