4/1/13

Segue Salon

by Angelica

As we finish up the quarter in hair braiding, the students are really beginning to showcase their skills. We have even been given the name "Segue Salon." It has been great to see the ladies and gentlemen successfully complete several types of braids: rope braid, French & Dutch braid, fishtail braid, and the waterfall braid. I believe the hardest challenge for some students was handling all the hair in their hands. I know when I first started braiding, it was difficult to figure out the right hand placement that would allow me to keep a good grip on the hair, but still allow me to move my fingers as need be. It can be a little tricky! Although we as a group have not fully accomplished every braid, we had a great time challenging ourselves and using our creativity to creative fun hairstyles. We even incorporated yarn into some braids!


No comments:

Post a Comment