3/29/13

The Dancer

by Dianny

If I say popsicle stick, what's the first word or image that comes to your head? If you are like me, well....it might be the image of a melting popsicle in your tongue! But that might not be necessarily the image during this time of the year; at least not outside. On the other hand, if you are more of an artistic and crafty person then you might be thinking of the millions of crafts a popsicle stick would inspired you to do.

This Friday was the usual arts and crafts Friday in ICS' after school program. The students went from table to table doing different activities and among them was one of my favorite, the popsicle sticks table. In that table they had fabric, markers, thread, googly eyes, and popsicle sticks (like you didn't know that by now). And with those materials they did what their imagination allowed them to do, from super heroes to flying brooms. All of their work was simply magnificent; I didn't know second graders could be as detailed and creative as they were. I loved it!!! But my all-time favorite was the dancer/cheerleader doll, although I'm still not sure if it is a dancer or a cheerleader (who am I fooling? It might not even be either) I loved it. The doll looked awesome, it had: red lipstick, a designer worthy outfit, pom poms, and even a beauty mark above the upper lip. That's just the beauty of a great imagination and the magic of a popsicle stick. I'm looking forward to seeing what else these students come up with during the arts and crafts time.



No comments:

Post a Comment