3/27/13

Co-Teaching Climate

by Angelica

Sixth grade science has been studying climate for the first half of the third quarter. With this topic, came many opportunities for co-teaching and experimental projects for the teachers and students. During this unit, students have had the opportunity to learn to forecast weather, and even give a daily forecast for the whole school to hear. This unit also brought along the opportunity for me to teach a lesson on the difference between the climate in Rhode Island and my home state of Texas. In the classroom that I work in, I have had the chance to co-teach with the teacher, but this was my first time planning and teaching my own lesson for all four science classes. It was great to create a PowerPoint with pictures and interesting facts for the students to understand the climate in Texas. The PowerPoint included facts about the semiarid climate, as well as details on the climate during the four seasons. My presentation went along great with our brief study of tornadoes. The students were able to experiment with tornado simulators at the end of the presentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment