12/10/12

Media and You

By: Nellie

A highlight for me this month was being able to continue to establish more of a teacher role in the classroom. My teacher asked me if I would like to run a center or conduct a lesson for the 7th grade class. I was very excited and thought I would challenge myself and try to put together a lesson for the class. In language arts we have been learning how to make inferences so I needed to make sure that was included. We have been practicing looking at different magazines, and pieces of writing and making inferences. My lesson was about how the media affects teenagers. I put together a powerpoint that gave them background information on what the media is and how we interact with it. We also looked at different logos and what comes to their mind. One of the favorites from my lesson was showing a video about Barbie and how unrealistic her features are and how that impacts young teenage girls. We finished out the lesson with a game of Jeopardy that I made which discussed facts I went over in my powerpoint and some trivia about the media and teenagers that was very shocking!



No comments:

Post a Comment