12/13/12

Stories From 2nd Quarter

By: Yairy

In the month of October there was a time when the class was doing group work. I noticed a student who isolated herself from her group. I went up to her and I asked her why she was not working with her group. She just did not feel like working in a group. I had informed her about the benefits of working in a team. Then she moved over to her group. She also voluntarily took on the role of a scribe for her group.

In science class I helped students make detailed observations. Students had to use thier senses to describe the substances. They were instructed to mix substances and record thier observations for each mixture. There was another day students were given the opportunity to make corections to their lab assignment. One student reached out for help, which I was glad to help, on his work. We looked over the teacher's corrections together and determined what needed improvement. His grade was a 15/20. Most of the work he needed to do was in grammar and writing complete sentences. He was instructed to add his ideas and elaborate on his ideas and corrrections were made as well. His teacher looked over his corrections and she scored him a 18 out of 20. As a result of his hard work and my help, his score improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment