12/17/12

We Are Family!

By: Nellie

This past month has furthered my thinking of Highlander being such a close knit family, especially the middle school. The middle school teachers decided that it would be nice to have a potluck on the day before we left for Thanksgiving vacation. We had music, great food, and enjoyed each other's company. The students were engaged and everyone had a blast! We started everything off with a few toasts from the students that were very heartfelt. Some students mentioned each teacher and what they were thankful for. A student mentioned me in her toast saying that I am always there to help during the day and in after school. She went on to say how nice and caring I am, and that I will do anything that it takes to help the students. I felt much appreciated and it showed me that my service to Highlander has really made an impact and matters to the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment