5/29/13

Camp Transformations

by Nellie (Highlander)

Since February vacation camp was such a great surprise for me, I was looking forward to see what April vacation camp had in store.  I was excited because I was going to be able to work with older students than I what I did last time, which is more in my comfort zone.  I was also anxious because I would be working with people that I normally don't, and they don't seem to really communicate, so I wasn't sure at all what I was getting myself into.  It was fun getting to know some of the younger students than I am used to working with and develop  stronger relationships.  I was able to  teach art which I really love doing and since we were studying cultures it was nice to be able to open the students and myself up to new ways of doing art.  My favorite part of camp was seeing how our group transformed and got closer as the week went on.  They also were really excited to find out from day to day where we were traveling.  This camp was a great success and was much better executed than February camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment