5/10/13

Reflection Friday: Why do you serve?


Dianny (International): I serve because I knew it was the right thing for me to do. Serving through Charter Corps allows me the opportunity to be a positive role model in the life of many children and hopefully inspire them to do the same in the future. Not only am I giving, but by serving I am gaining experience and discovering my true passion(s) in life; service is reciprocal.  

Leah (International): I serve because my presence and engagement in the classroom and in after school has mattered to hundreds of kids. These two years have been vital in developing my interests and investment in working with children in my career, and without them, I would have a much more superficial understanding of what meaningful work really looks like.

Itza (International): Why I serve is best summarized by Mahatma Gandhi, "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."

Kimberly (Highlander): Why Do I serve? I serve because I want to make a difference in my community, and show that things may never be perfect but you can always take one step forward towards a better future. 

Francesca (International): I serve because it is an excellent opportunity to give back to my community while exploring possible career choices in my future.

Deyan (Serve Rhode Island): I serve because I believe young people deserve to be listened to and respected. Through my service, both directly with youth and through the lesson plans and trainings I develop, I am helping to build an environment where that kind of respect and cooperation is possible. I strive to learn as much from the young people I serve as they do from me.

Yairy (Segue): I serve because I enjoy helping others. Service to others is a way others can benefit from my strengths. 

Jill (Highlander): I serve because I want to make a difference in the life of my students. I want to inspire and educate them, and help them be the best they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment