1/14/13

What's Today's Craft?

By: Francesca

During another Craft Day Friday at International Charter School, I was faced with the same question as always: What's today's craft? During the afternoon meeting: What's today's craft? Sharing time: What's today's craft? Usually, I'm confident with my answer: You'll see! or It's a good one! However, this particular Friday, I was nervous about their reactions. Typically, the students do a craft which will either be displayed in the hallways of ICS, or something they can take home. This craft was neither; it was to be used as part of our AmeriCorps Winter Service Project Audio Poem CD and would be donated to anther school.

We asked the students to read a poem and illustrate as they wished. Contrary to my fears, the students were thrilled to draw and color as part of a donation and were ecstatic to be a part of the project! Here are some completed drawings!




No comments:

Post a Comment