1/29/12

Meet Cyntoya Simmons: Times2 Academy


About Me:
Name: Cyntoya Simmons
Hometown: East Providence
College attended: the University of Rhode Island
Major: Journalism and Leadership Minor
Siblings: one little brother
Pets: none
Favorite Color: RED
Hobbies: writing and shopping
Favorite Subject in School: English and Social Studies

Service Year:
Grade and School that you serve at: 8th grade Science class at Times Squared Academy
Why did you choose to serve a year with Americorps: to better myself as well as those I would potentially be working with.

What has been your favorite part about working at Time2Academy:
My favorite part of working at Times Squared Academy is the students. From seeing their faces when they finally understand something to teaching them a lesson and watching them follow through with it. All those moments have already made this a great experience.

What do you hope to gain from your year of service:
I hope to gain perspective; working in this setting is helping me figure out what I want to do with my life and what I want to go to graduate school for.

No comments:

Post a Comment