1/2/12

Meet Leigh Smith: Times2 Academy

About Me:
Name: Leigh Smith
Hometown: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
College attended: UMASS Dartmouth
Major: BFA in Art Education
Siblings: younger brother
Pets: 2 cats
Favorite Color: Green
Hobbies: Riding my bike, reading, art, crossword puzzles
Favorite Subject in School: Art, English, Latin

Service Year:
Grade and School that you serve at: Times Squared Academy, 8th Grade English with Ms. Frazer
Why did you choose to serve a year with AmeriCorps:
This is my second year as a CharterCorps member. I chose to come back to continue building the afterschool program that we developed last year.

What has been your favorite part about working at Times Squared Academy :
I like that I can work with kids of all different ages. I also like that I am given many opportunities to take on a leadership role, both in the 8th grade English class and in afterschool.

What do you hope to gain from your year of service:
I hope to gain more experience teaching and working with youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment